"Look for the Helpers": Frontline Worker Photography Giveaway with Lindsay Chan Photography
We're officially almost four weeks into self-quarantine in the Chan Household. All of this time safely tucked away at home has given extra time for my mind to wander. One of the positive things to come out of this global pandemic is an overwhelming sense of our local community giving back. I've seen social media posts for free laundering services for first responders, emails about local restaurants taking donations and delivering food to hospitals for medical professionals, the list goes on!
Brandon and I have also had a wonderful sense of reunification and added time with our own kids. We've been getting outside for walks, playing board games and cooking more. Now that we're not running around from activity to activity and buzzing around from the normal choas- we're able to soak in every little detail of our kids. Even with all of these unexpected silver linings in our home- I can't stop thinking about our frontline workers that don't have the same privilege. I've been brainstorming ways to make a small impact with my business that can still take place in a safe and respectful way.
“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news. My mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.” -Mister Fred Rodgers
Although it's just a small blip on the radar- I still want to do something special to lift spirits and share positive stories of the hard working community members in the Naperville area. I will be giving away one FULL portrait session to one family or couple with a frontline worker or workers in their home!
I am now accepting nominations for deserving families or individuals that are on the frontlines working during the COVID-19 global pandemic. This may include but is not limited to:
- Doctors, nurses, other medical professionals and essential hospital employees
- First responders, firefighters, paramedics, police officers
- Mental health professionals
- Food service, delivery services & grocery workers
- Emergency daycare center workers
- Other public service professionals
To nominate someone, please comment on this blog post or on the corresponding Facebook or Instagram posts with a short "blurb" about the person you are nominating, their job & why they're deserving of this photo session. If you have a photo of them (with their permission please) to share, I would love to see those too! You may nominate yourself, just be sure to follow all the steps previously listed. Everyone then must please re-share this blog post to spread the word!
The fine print:
1. This is open to all families or individuals in the southwestern suburbs of Chicago or anyone who is willing to travel to the Naperville area for their session. Session will take place at a location of Lindsay's choice.
2. Session giveaway is valued at $725, winning has no cash value, session cannot be transferred or sold.
3. Session must take place before August 31, 2020 and only after current shelter in place orders in Illinois are lifted. Booking dates subject to availability.
I look forward to reading all about our amazing community and deserving frontline workers! (Teachers, stay tuned- I have something special coming for you soon) Thank you for sharing this post and spreading the word. Sending huge virtual hugs to you all!